Weekend Partying

I was filled with air of love and joy when we thought of a celebration of Deejs birthday at home. I was so much excited when his Achan and Amma along with sister in law and her daughter Meenamma came to our house. We prepared culinary items for them which included Sāmbhar, Aviyal, Thoran, Pulissery….pappadam...achar etc…and of course not forgetting those yummy payasams after a relishing sadya
We woke up a bit early and prepared the items when Malumma (My daughter) was busying herself with her routine work of untidy chores. She was making me busy with her naughty work and I still don’t know how I and my mom prepared sadya.She was more than happy when her sister(Meenamma) came....calling her ‘Chechi Chechi’ and I cannot forget the love they had for each other even having fights in between for toys.
I and sister had lots of chit chats telling all those ’visheshams ‘at Cochin and Nedumangad areas with gossips of neighbors and teasing each other with funny little loveable ‘Chalus’…It had been a long time I needed some air of true friendship and sometimes its best made through relatives.Amma was more silent as she always used to be with a little smile at the corner of her mouth always..Achan was happy more than ever. We celebrated the day with that mixture of warm love, beauty of oneness, and of course those lovely lovely delicious sadya we shared together.
Later in the evening we visited the Chottanikara Temple which was far more of a blessing and a good feeling. The day ended with an additional striking touch of nostalgic memoirs …Second day was more beautiful than the first .All those feelings are putting much memory fillings with color and valor added at each point of time. We prepared Ghee rice, Butter chicken, chicken fry and other side dishes which were delicious and mouth watering.
In the evening they went back to Trivandrum making my dear Malumma cry a lot because she want to go ‘Tata’ (She likes going outside for rides).


A good night sleep and a warm sunny morning and I am off to daily office routines

Comments

  1. Happy to see your happiness and want to taste the dishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see your happiness and want to taste the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always I am happy for my family....dishes were yummy..lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yajur Veda

Red Rose