Cochin - The Queen of Arabian Sea


After a devastated life turn I moved to Cochin for an Onsite job at TCS.I took my Mom and kid along with and took the help of friend to get an onsite over there. It was all so fast and fiery and bought a rent house at Alinchuvadu where all my friends dwell. I felt relieved to get out of Trivandrum and into Cochin. My main hobbies during those days were moving to many places in the City alone ...along MG Road, Fort Kochi, Info park area, Thripunithura...The Oberon Mall was weekend mall for having food and shopping. I always used to have Chicken Charcoal with my family... :).Cochin has good collections for dresses especially churidars and Tops and the worst place for shopping is Trivandrum.

My office was in Tejomaya (Info Park) where Robin Hood was shooted those days and I even saw a cool Prithvi acting and had a closer look. So all girls were around him I guess so I just diverted my attention to something else. I remember the skit we team had and I was the prime actress for the event. We even won second prize. Me and my friend had named many team members with quite funny names as Michael Jackson, Karimutti, and Kolapi and can't forget "Chori".We had fun time at the cafeteria watching people.

Since we were taken as contractors most of the work was assigned to we both and rest of the team was idle and never came to office even. I remember the party with Ravi the onsite co ordinator.Ravi taught us "Alerts and notifications" and was indeed a good man.l can't forget an old onsite team member being made fun with me by my team mates.Infact the stupid man s behavior paved way to such fun making between the friends. He gave a packet full of chocolates only to me!!!!.. and keep on coming to talk with me and my best friends laughing from far .A "kozhi" in fact. I had seen many kozhis in my life and this is a "vrithiketta Kozhi" :).

I also had a rich friend "Raj" and these both (My other friend and Raj) had great time drinking!!! And they used to come and tell me what happened when they had party time. Our house owner was a Christian and we used to have lot of parties from him. I can't forget the Airport Road which brings back good memories and the song ...in Radio Mango..."Parakam nammukku parakkam ;)" ha ha very funny... :).While in Fort Kochi I can forget the people over there..."Cochin Locals" and the dirt and narrow roads!.

While the recent ship incident brought back memories of Fort Kochi.Infact I used to roam around those places and get the fishy smell of people and roads and remember the "rowdy " looking persons over there.
Cochin Municipality is very weak. The rubbish, dirty and filthy mountains of dirt packages everywhere and the filthy smell when you reach Cochin are the enough to prove it. What the goddamn Municipality is doing. Quotation teams are no wonder; God knows what happens at night when the city is asleep. It's terrible and fear to go outside while at night.
But I love the trend that Cochin is all about and the only "civilized" or "revolutionized" city in the whole Kerala. Trivandrum is just not good I feel when compared to Cochin!
Cochin Days bring back so much of good feel and nostalgia!

"Cochin, Cochin, Cochin" I just love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yajur Veda

Red Rose