Home Away from Home

After a long gap I was spending my holidays in my own land .Visiting relatives and closed ones after a long gap was indeed an exuberant happiness .Apart from that the warm climate rejuvenated me bringing in the sweet memories of childhood .The Kannur special cuisines drove me crazy when my Grandma made the very homely, yummy dishes and its very delicious when it’s made from her own hands (which fed me all these years).

Although the journey was tiresome, a 7 hours travel from Kochi ….After taking a light nap at my home (The Tharavadu as Malayalis call it) and making a stride through the yard which was once a beautiful flamboyant garden in the front with lush edible fruit bearing trees beyond…a playground for me and my cousins …we moved to visit our relatives…

Many tearful eyes made me heavy when I poured gifts for them…although their happiness eased my mind and soul. The idols and photos placed in my home brought tears in me. The photo of Krishna hugging the cow was still lovely although I was seeing it from my childhood…All photos where intact I should say…

My aunt’s house was indeed the most beautiful one I should say and the one of the houses I adores and loves. Some of the very furniture I loved to see was indeed placed there. The place where Krishna was worshipped in that house was also decorated with flowers and thulasi.I prayed for a long time there.

My Grandma as she is a cardiac patient was attending a camp wherein ayurvedic treatments are carried on .She became skinny but now healthier…She told me about yoga and its benefits and gave me a book of Bhagavad Gita to read. This brought some light into my life about meditation and the varied options it offers. Offering Prayers was in fact a form of meditation and it calms one’s mind and keeps it serene.

With many motivational thoughts and goals I wholeheartedly returned with full rhythm of a happy life ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yajur Veda

Red Rose