Memory Rewinding and More to Captivate…

It had been long since I enjoyed something so intricately. My grandma and her brother visited our place in Cochin last Saturday. I call her amma because of the affection she has for me and still loves to call her amma because of the beautiful, passionate memoirs she and her accompanying good oldies casted in my reminiscence. After my grandfather and later on my great grandmother passed away (really miss them) my amma and mama became alone in the home with infrequent visits from cousins and relatives …which made them pretty occupied.

We picked them from Ernakulam North Station and made our way to our home.Malu seeing amma and mama for the second time (Poor malu she really is missing her valuable time) was shy not talking much but maneuvering her special smile…:)The next day brought in more enthusiasm and spasm in us as we were moving towards mama s friends house. Although I had memory power starking at glimpses of that Uncle (On hearing his name from Mama), When I saw him I felt bravo about the recollection capacity of the human brain. I don’t remember any occasions of seeing him at Chala(Hometown) not even Kannur…But when I saw him I knew him somewhere in my life’s journey….I don’t know when …I don’t know which chemical neuron transmitter is working behind my brain…anyways kudos to Brains…

The Uncle shifted to Cochin sometime back (His wife is a native of Poochakal) and this made a Sunday worthwhile. Initially I had queer feeling entering the house…But the presence of that man reminded me of the folks whom I had company with at my hometown…I was a gliding back through old memoirs, the long 20 blissful years at Kannur…particularly Chala and its surrounding places…I am really ashamed for the fact that I was plucked from my hometown for bizarre unnecessary incidents in my life. That was a turning point in my life altogether which I try to forget completely...but it is tinkling in my consciousness at regular intervals like an alarm clock. But I am happy that I can at least have some grasp over with my dear and near ones…Now let’s go back to picture….:)

Talking with uncle was indeed warming and useful …I say useful in the sense that it brought some calmness… cherishing the golden days…(point:no return of time…only memories left)….Malu got company with uncles grandson…Deejettan(My husband Deej) was silent almost the whole time ,I think wondering about the kannur style of talking…I guess chettan didn’t understand a single word…fully immersed in a pool of newspapers…We had good time with Uncles son, Uncles wife ,son s wife…
They served us with Malabar Biriyani (it’s a mix of South + North Biriyani since it was cooked by Uncles son (Malabari) and his wife (South Keralite)…The food was delicious because it was a variant dish …a mix…I am accustomed to both South and North hence a mix will be terrific for me and Deejettan.But to be frank it filled our belly to the brim…no space for water melon…:)still managed to have on forceful attempt…North Keralites are best at making forceful attempts for consumption I should say…!!!!!

One of the splendor that awaited was a evening at Vembanad Backwaters…Cool.. .A portion was visible from Poochakal…and that made our day ever memorable with breezing beauty of a lover wind touching his crystal clear vast ominous crazy lake…:).The other side was fantabulous I should say. The numerous paintings fail near real beauty (Sometimes wonder problem with eye sight? Or mind wave?)…No words to explain real nature horrifying indeed marvelous…After half an hour of cooling eyesight we returned to their house…After another round of watermelon slices…we bid goodbye to Uncle and his family not forgetting to invite them to our city centric home(chaotic but still it is the cozy place where I dwell)…
Sometimes I feel staying at a beautiful place is not a good idea…but visiting beautiful places has more to do with our mind…It is like love at first sight…fresh,everlasting…and memorable…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yajur Veda

Red Rose