Fantastic Onam Festival with my family...

Last friday after taking a vacation I just got thrilled about being at my sisters house for enjoying Onam .So it was Josh's idea to go for a trip and that too with our money...Crooked ...isnt it...?It had been a long time we are giving parties nowadays...and we are exhausted out of bank balance...hmm...but this is different and we wanted to go out for a vacation and I just said yes...wow...great .Again Josh's crooked ideas worked...this time it is to prepare two dishes from each home for Onam...So I experimented with Payasam...(Semiya..)...It was good although I took around three to four milk packets to cover up my semiya...because the semiya(I put a lot of it) was drinking all milk..phew...I ran to joshs house..we were already late and they were waiting for us..

Sangeethetan already started designing Onam Pookalam going over internet for new designs.Meanwhile when he left for breakfast these naughty sisters(Josh and Sinj)changed the whole design making the hyperactive BIL just as a man to cut the flowers and these sisters took ownership of the Onam Pookalam...

Meanwhile I designed some last part of Onam Pookalam and it was looking good by the end .Mom and dad were busy preparing sadya...dad cutting veggies.:P.He infact prepared Pradaman...(A kind of payasam made of jaggery particularly important in Kannur Area and delicious yummy one..)I helped him ooze out water content out of Payasam as the coconut milk was too much...Here I was heating the dish so much so that it just get sauted...and about semiya I am pouring more milk...:P.i took all credit of both payasams and Pookalam...

Meanwhile the ever joyful sisters(I call them Inakurivikal nowadays...u can find them together nowdays)where interested in Photoshoot and ever craving photographer Deej with his SLR where bashing for a shot.Sinj was in her traditional Kerala Saree looking gorgeous.We had Sadya....and payasams when we had the whole family together...Lovely and Loved it..At 4 o clock we should start our trip....muah loved the emotional tickling during those moments.We packed off and moved in two cars.

Way to Thalacaud (Mysore) with deej s rash yet safe driving...keeping me alert at all occasions of bumps and gutters and overtaking mania of deej making me flutter in seat with my hands on handle tight...and malus pranks making me panic...The travel was fantabulous.We reached Mysore and had dinner with some red wine with nasty SILS taking hot along with their FIL(:P)

We had a sound sleep and at 9 we moved towards Chamundi Hills.To be frank I am fed up of Chamundi Hills.I am watching it for the fifth time I guess.Soon I just left from that place.Naughty notorious malavika wont walk and we need to carry her all along... :P.Deej taking her on his shoulder .We had lunch (No breakfast) and we found non eaters (our children) eating the relishing South Indian Thali with all vigor .This was the first time I am tasting Pongal and it is like Cherupayar Kanji...(Hahhah)..I had thali so much my stomach was full and out of shape :P.That was a good Thali but sinj complained about eating outside a Day after Onam .All these times my inakurivikal where taking photos of themselves and poor BILS finding it difficult to suppress their insitincts.The great thing that happened was we by mistake went to another hotel and rushed out of it and everyone used the restroom and went to another hotel for lunch.Thank God they didnt blast out for using their heinous RR.

We moved in car to Thalacaud.The way was beautiful and the typical village was scenic.I had a feeling of those days when I used to watch Malgudi Days in Doordarshan.The bullock cart,the paddy fields,the karimbin thottam(reminding of film Oru Maravathur Kanav and the great acting talent Srinvasan),the sheeps,the black pigs,the pukka and kuchcha huts...all nostalgic ...seems like I went to past in 1960s...1980s...The scenic beauty captured by deej in his SLR was superb and I super liked it.

The village offered so many temples of Shiva...(I dont remeber exactly the names of these temples ...all confusing...Patheleshwara,Mahabaleshwara,Sykanthashwere...uff..)and we had a guide to tell us about the historic importance of these temples.It is said that every 13 years the temples will be covered with sand and we should rediscover these temples later.These temples were one level below earth and had steps to go inside .It was hot and tiring to go through these temples.We had tender coconut water in between after exhausted afternoon walk.One of the temple where being reconstructed taking clean cut stones underneath earth which were numbered .Seems like these were being rediscovered to construct the temple.What all things we see in this crazy world..

Everywhere we can find monkeys and puppies .Lovely...and Adwaith caressing a puppy.We then moved to the lake nearby and had a good time in water.

Lastly but not the least which was a feast ...after long drive and long walk was the Sivana Samudra water falls at night...Scaring and wonderfull falls...in between photoshoots happening...and Ina kurivikal took lot of photos..together.,I have no words for those waterfalls.Gushing from mountain into the river beneath... Way back was very tiring because all were having cough and cold and we were back saturday nite.

Photos are the only remeberance for such occasions and thanks to my family for taking photos of we together.Memories are fading and need to visit more places (i love it) .I love travelling a lot...especially the scenic flora and fauna and the earthly goodies and very touching and sometimes it is bringing back earlier incarnation forgotten moments .My past is revealing to me during such instances...very nice feeling..Maybe a Bipolar is causing this or an Obsessive complusion of mind...anyway I am true to senses..and I believe what I feel...Thanks to all for the joyous trip

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yajur Veda

Red Rose