The Munnar-The Make of Nature

Some sudden idea came to my hubbys mind and we moved into one of the most exotic places in Kerala.The Munnar known for the mountain rich Tea plantations, lush and powerful waterfalls, and sandal wood forests making itself a rich scenic beauty to our eyes.

We started off Saturday evening without even booking a hotel or a resort. We moved from Kochi into its interiors-Kothamangalam, Moovattupuzha etc when suddenly we thought of calling a friend so that we can book a hotel. Since it was season time and our neighbor warning of about nonstop rain and human chain made our mind go hay way and to top it most of the hotels were full .My mom continuously warned us about the misty climate covering the deep forest at the high range making ourselves panic-stricken although we enjoyed the travel.

Since it was past 7.00pm and about 30 km High Range travel and rain drizzling with cloudy environment made us plan to stay at Adimali.My hubby inquired at a nearby hotel about rooms but couldn’t get one but the man warned us about the absence of rooms’ vacancy at this high season time .We at last got a hotel to keep us through the night although not a good one.

I cozily slept hugging my daughter when cold made its vivacious way into my legs making it numb and I searched for a blanket but couldn’t find it and I dragged the bed sheet to cover me and my child. In the morning we made our way to Munnar.The deep range making me drowsy and the depth making me think of horrible treachery fear which caused a chill in my spine.

We booked a hotel 2 km from Munnar which was indeed a cottage and I loved the atmosphere the rooms and the gardens brought out. We planned to move away from town to Mattupatty direction after the light breakfast but paying the heavy bill.

The terraced mountains and its tea plantations was a treat to the ever craving eyes.Rain was making our journey a little troublesome although light drizzle caused a nostalgic feel to the mind. Photo session competition was going on between me and my husband each one helping the other taking single photos and we finding ourselves good spots among the tea and orange plantations.

We reached the echo point and I found myself happy at seeing what the shops offered us. The echo point was indeed a beautiful place with crystal clear still water with greenery reflected from the trees on the other side. The jungle on the other side roared echoic ally when the tourists called out the names of their loved ones at their maximum volume.

We returned for the day after having a dinner ordered from the resort. We covered our child with blankets and fought each other to get maximum no of blankets at hand to keep us safe from the chilled climate. We vacated the room in the morning and planned to return to our home when another queer idea came to hubbys head. He turned the car to go towards Marayoor direction. I thought oops he’s crazy…but when I saw what the earth has to offer us I kept mum and made myself enjoy and wonder about the dense jungle and the voracious roar of waterfalls and the hype and beastly sound of the wind when it touched the trees.

Here and there they were children selling guava. We stopped to buy those and had a good chat with the chaps about their very homely land ‘The Marayoor’. One of the guys asked for a pen and we gave it although a used one. He was ashamed with happiness and I was wondering about the innocence of these people. My husband worrying about lack of petrol made us to go Marayoor where we could find the sandal wood forest in abundance and also monkeys .After feeding the monkeys with guava and groundnuts and the car with petrol we returned.

Time and then I told my hubby that if we had petrol to reach Marayoor then we could cover the whole Munnar and still have little left to reach home. While returning we again saw the same guys this time with fresh oranges. The chap again asked for groundnuts that were left and we gave him and made us again wonder about the life of these innocent people. We took a few snaps in front of the waterfalls and returned to Munnar.On the way we bought some carrots, ate corns and took photos stopping the car each time.

After that we left Munnar to traverse the high range this time downwards. On return we saw a car accident where the car fell into the water wherein the water was making its way down to the Periyar River. The horrendous behavior of waterfalls and jungle was seen which made me think of the nature and its vivid and dreadful make.

The Munnar trip was indeed enjoyable despite me being fearful about such things as vastness and dreariness of nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yajur Veda

Red Rose