As Early as Childhood Part II

Some feel about Engineering Days:Never Wanted to edit or correct any flow of memories which was coming spontaneously...


Now thotummal memories pulls me back to the engineering college days …During the initial days of my study (I am never a good student) my dad was very enthusiastic about me joining Thalassery Engg College because it was near to house…no hostel fees….My ego was crippling me because I am the daughter of an Engineer who studied in REC and was the 4th Rank Holder in Engg and a poor me was just admitted to a new Engg college with not even an Affliation to hold.Forget about the rank I received in Engg.I am never a good student and was always caught for mischievous deeds.

Way back one of my relative who taught Dad and who is a Principal…told me while in a wedding…”Mohans Daughters didn’t come up to the mark as how Mohan did .He is an extraordinary student”…What a stupid comment to make…also she said no one turned as beautiful as Usha(Mother) also.Crap…Bored with all these conundrums which made me hate colleges and go for some Interior Desiginng or Architectural Engineering where I got selected.But My dad who is overwhelmed my Maths Mania wanted me to study Computer Science which I hated from day beginning.An artictectural engg must have changed my career.But to this day I don’t know what is good for me.Whather it is maths during those days I feel euphoric solving problems and end up solving late night.But never did I hold good marks in Maths and was below average…how much ever I try…because Maths was not my destiny.History was more fascinating for me those days.

My days in Thalassery Engineering colleges was awesome with lot of friends to hold on…Where I lost my best friend (Not mentioning his name here) just because destiny wanted to part us.A little patience would have turned our luck the other way but time moved on and I hated of being parted with the first best friend whom I cherished to have contact but in vain…That was the starting.The Semester I and II I somehow managed to go through with 73 percent but my vision was always perfection .Never was I satisfied with the marks or my caliber.I cant forget the marks I got in Maths and I envied Sini for getting good marks and She got 98 Wow.A wish I cherished to get always in Maths (100%) and I envied my father as well.So the pain has started slowly to take place with so much burden starting from the Lady Relatives sarcastic remarks

Now moving on the days when I used to spent most of my time roaming around electronics and Microprocessor lab and many guys already know the reason of it.Cant forget the days when we used to make finger rings out of Wires and biwidered teacher has no other way than laugh out loud!.Chit making was so good those days among CS friends and I cant forget the days when I write stories to a good friend.Also one of the chit  by me which our Electronics teacher caught my friend in which I wrote the funniest comment for him “Neeyarinjo Melevannathu Ayiram Shappukal thurakkunundu” and the nasty teacher told I know who wrote this  :P…Now drinking was always a good thing for me…

The fight between ECians and CS ians where going on and Biju Sir was the stirring star of the very fight.Cant forget when we made him drink the lime juice full of large volumes of salt and sugar …and that incidence paved more vengeance among the two batches.Nothing is not forgettable whether it is the dedicated Mechanical Engineer sir, Binoy Sir(May his soul rest in peace) and the Graphics class where we have to draw cones and  cylinders,I hated and got less marks.I never submitted the sheets on time and always copied from Sini who was good in Electronics as well.The day when one of my freind copied the Electrical Exam(External) I was terrified because she was blankly copying from me.I always fear External …Internals was a thrilling mania for me as I was always caught by Sooraj sir …But external for me is difficult.The small printout notebooks that guys distributed which contained the programs for  Datastructures and Algorithms was really beneficial for internals.But I don’t know till to this day how I managed to pass all the externals with good marks.

The Onam Days,the celebrations all which I loved…and the throwball tournament when I couldn’t recognize priya once just because she was all dark due to sun tan.And how our friends used to call me “Skud”…I don’t know …but they say I am good server but when competition came my skudness all never showed up.I could remember Kiran jumping from the 4 storied building of our college to ground and we used to call him monkey.Not to forget the Pot Breaking event by boys when CSians use to beat Biju Sir s coveted EC ians.

My ripe days use to be wandering about the lab and library not for studies but for some queer thing what is called Teacher Admiration or rather Hero Infatuations.Time was good when canteen was the only place to sit and relax and to have pazhampories,bonda and parippvadas and the tea…and ever smiling Tony chetan…and the good meals we used to have…The days when we used to have combined studies with Ratheesh Palli…who has the Excellent Status quo for his Coding and I remember when he makes us understand the stupid logic of queues and arrays …Not to forget the Matrix Multiplication and addition ..

During those days our batch had the greatest number of lovers and many got married and am happy to see that they all well settled.Drastic death of one of our freind was an irrevocable memory and I cant tell my best friend’s or rather call her up to console her.Maybe I have lost contact with many or rather don’t want make contact so that I don’t disturb their routine life.

Continued…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yajur Veda

Red Rose